RECENTLY VIEWED ACTS
String Quartet Australia
This sophisticated, distinctive student string quartet from Perth, Western Australia, is comprised of Sayana Barnes on Violin I, Sophia Hawes on Violin II, Rachel Hicks on Viola and Cassie Mcleod on Cello. The string quartet study at the University of Western Australia and the WA Academy of Performing Arts.
Taken together, the members the quartet have over 25 years combined experience in public performance and collaborative music-making.
Three of our quartet are full time players in the Western Australian Youth Orchestra, and regularly collaborate with distinguished artists and maestros such as the Whitlams, Ennio Morriccone, Vladmir Verbitsky and Arvo Volmer.
As a student-owned yet professional string quartet, they bring savoir faire, class and high brow sophistication to any corporate event, wedding, reception or function – anywhere in Australia.
- Yellow the Scientist Paradise – Coldplay
- Hallelujah – Jeff Buckley
- O mio Babbino Caro – G. Puccini
- Chasing cars – Snow Patrol
- At last – Etta James
- Bittersweet symphony – the Verve
- Can’t take my eyes off you – Frankie Vallie
- Don’t stop believing – Journey
- What a wonderful world – Louis Armstrong
- Moon river – theme from Breakfast at Tiffanys
- Unchained melody – Righteous Brothers
- On the Beautiful danube – J. Strauss Jnr
- Sleeping Beauty Waltz – P.I Tchaikovsky
- Aria- Queen of the Night – W.A Mozart
- Kanon in D – J. Pachelbel
- Bridal March (Lohengrin) – R. Wagner
- March of the Lead Soldiers – Gabriel Pierne
- Menuetto from Serenade No.1 – J. Brahms
- Quartet No.2 No 1-6 – Haydn
- Gigue from the third orchestral suite – J.S Bach
- Fuga Prima – G. Puccini
- Classical repertoire